DevSecOps, short for Development Security Operations, is an approach to software development that integrates security practices and principles into the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC). It aims to merge development (Dev), security (Sec), and operations (Ops) teams to collaboratively ensure that security considerations are prioritized and integrated throughout the software development process.
DevSecOps aims to strike a balance between development speed, operational efficiency, and security. By incorporating security into the development process from the outset, organizations can build more resilient and secure software systems.
DevSecOps is important to companies for several reasons:
- Enhances security by integrating it throughout the development process, reducing vulnerabilities and cyber threats.
- Enables swift threat detection and response through automated testing and continuous monitoring.
- It is cost-efficient, preventing post-deployment fixes and minimizing legal and reputational risks.
- Supports agility and innovation, allowing rapid releases while maintaining security.
- Fosters collaboration, improving decision-making and a holistic security approach.
- Ensures compliance and governance, reducing regulatory risks.
- Builds customer trust by delivering secure products and safeguarding sensitive data.
- Enhances resilience and minimizes downtime during security incidents.
- 86% of respondents stated that their organizations had either fully or partially adopted DevSecOps practices. (DZone)
- Organizations practicing DevSecOps are 3.4 times more likely to scan for vulnerabilities in open-source components compared to those not practicing DevSecOps. (Sonatype)
- High-performing DevOps teams that incorporate security practices as part of their DevOps approach had a 24 times faster recovery time after security breaches. (Puppet and Splunk)
How can we Help?
Poeta Digital has a team of experts who are ready to take on any challenge. Our DevSecOps solutions are designed to propel your team with the tools, practices, and expertise needed to build secure, agile, and resilient infrastructure.
Our experienced DevSecOps professionals work collaboratively with your development and operations teams to ensure that security is an integral part of every stage of your software development process. From the initial design phase to continuous monitoring after deployment, we embed security practices to minimize vulnerabilities and safeguard your applications.
Whether you're looking to enhance your application's resilience, accelerate time-to-market, or build customer trust, our DevSecOps experts are here to guide you every step of the way.
How does it work?
Why Poeta Digital?
Poeta Digital is proud to support small, medium & multinational organizations in any industry
See how others have benefited
Real Authentication leads the way in virtual expert designer authentication and certification services, providing justice for customers and offering a reliable, non-biased source of regulation to the resale market.