A mobile app has become a necessity for every business, whether a company is at the startup stage or is a well-recognized brand. Gone are the days when offline transactions alone were the norm.
What is an app? An application (app for short) is a computer program designed to perform a specific task. An application can be developed for various purposes, devices and end-users. A great application is one with an impressive ergonomic design, has a user-friendly interface and is responsive.
As telecom companies continue to invest in network infrastructure (e.g. 5G) - users will continue to see higher speeds and lower latency and this will open up totally new ways of doing business - from smart cities to autonomous vehicles.
Today, banks, hotels, airlines and retailers have led the development of apps to enable their customers to access their information, make changes, process loans and conduct transactions without delay. Through an app, companies can display products, implement discounts, accept payments and arrange for delivery.
While many businesses are using apps to serve their external customers, they can also save on internal administration, increase profits and streamline internal business processes.
More and more companies are using mobile apps internally to speed up order processing, improve maintenance management, speed up check-ins, increase sales, reduce administration, accelerate payments, and improve inspections.
Think of a mobile app as a long-term investment that saves time and money for your business. If work efficiency and lowering costs are your priority, then a mobile application development specific to your business model can be the solution.
Discover 13 potential benefits mobile applications can provide your business:
- Reach a vast global target audience
- Enhance customer loyalty through push notifications about changes in products and services
- Improve brand awareness
- Reduce overhead expenses associated with a brick-and-mortar store
- Allow customers to provide feedback about the products and services they use
- Integrate payments into your app to allow users to pay via debit and credit card
- Get quick and easy access to customer’s data - analyze areas of improvement, quality of products and services and personalize their experiences.
- Support marketing efforts with user-friendly offers & intuitive support
- Make/schedule appointments without the need for additional customer service personnel
- Provide great customer service while customers are engaging on their mobile device in real time
- Improve overall company productivity through improved collaboration, conferencing, scheduling, approvals, asset management and travel planning
- Improve sales & marketing by providing sales quotes, take online orders, capture leads and provide online demos
- Enhance field service using mobile apps for booking appointments, complete work orders, capture signatures and perform time and asset tracking
Mobile applications can be used anytime, anywhere on any mobile device - improving communication, increasing access to data, sharing information, or completing a function specific to their job responsibilities.
Some Interesting statistics about mobile apps
According to McKinsey, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital channels, including mobile apps, with some industries seeing as much as a 15-30% increase in digital customer interactions.
Deloitte's 2021 Global Mobile Consumer Survey found that the average smartphone user checks their phone 47 times per day and spends a total of 4.2 hours per day on their phone
Do not miss out on building a mobile app or refining your existing application to drive revenue growth.
Not sure where to start - no problem we built many successful applications before for very satisfied clients. Give us a shout at Poeta Digital - it will be the best thing you have done today.